Presidential Actions on Abortion Coverage
We urge all presidential candidates to take these steps to end abortion coverage bans:
- As a commitment to improving abortion access for everyone, regardless of income or zip code, submit a presidential budget without restrictions on abortion coverage, like the Hyde Amendment.
- Issue a statement encouraging Congress to pass the EACH Woman Act, which ensures insurance coverage of abortion regardless of insurance type and prohibits political interference in private health insurance companies’ decision to offer coverage for abortion care.
- Pledge to not sign any bills with abortion coverage restrictions.
- In the first State of the Union, highlight your commitment to protecting abortion access, including ensuring abortion coverage.
- The administration should reverse restrictions on abortion coverage for people who are enrolled in private health care plans. Specifically, the administration should revoke EO 13535 and rescind any finalized 1303 regulations or guidance.
In partnership with One Fair Wage and Jobs with Justice, we call on the next administration to #Reimagine a post-pandemic world where each of us earns a living wage, participates equally in the political democracy, and has access to the care we need, including abortion care, regardless of our income.
- take all of the above actions on abortion coverage;
- ensure equal representation of workers, both union and non-union, on any economic recovery council;
- raise the federal minimum wage for all workers to $15/hour;
- nominate a Supreme Court Justice with a demonstrable commitment to economic and reproductive justice
- Statement: All* Above All Action Fund and Partners Call for Concrete Steps to Achieve True Reproductive and Economic Justice 6/17/20
- All* Above All Action Fund Responds to Joe Biden’s Support of the Hyde Amendment 6/5/19